LIBRARY is a modular case focused on visual and physical organization. Part of the draw of modular synthesis is the ability to combine the groundbreaking ideas and designs of many talented people and the goal of the Library case is to be a visual unifier for those different aesthetics. The idea of leaving breathing room around rows and bringing modules flush with the case's top surface is an attempt towards a more complete, organized and spacious feeling instrument. The lid is multipurpose and the very same clasps that close it are used to create a solid stand. The lid includes pegboard style cable organization on both the exterior top edge and interior surface which can be utilized while standing or laying beside your case. The idea behind the interior pegboard comes from witnessing a live performer's need to have quick access to specific cable lengths. The main frame is a piece of 3/4" birch-ply which is continuous with the handle to achieve a solid and secure feel. The 3U version includes recessed space along the top inner edge to place a bus board and the 6U version includes a recessed space under the center rails for 2 bus boards. This placement and recessed design is an attempt to keep the case as slim as possible while keeping power connectors as out of the way as possible. The material choice and overall design is based on 70s' school library furniture and the desire for a case which feels both at home in the studio and live environments.
10% of profits go to Synth Library / S1 Portland to help continue their mission
- Birch-ply construction w/clear natural finish
- Two size options: 3U/104hp and 6U/208hp
- 3/4" birch-ply mounting frame w/continuous handle
- 1/2" birch-ply body and lid
- Recessed cutout along right side allowing for 4hp power solution (or alternative module)
- Tray cutout 1/4" deep along top inner edge (3U) and center (6U) to allow for recessed bus board(s) placement
- Two stainless steel lid latches with safeties
- Lid doubles as a solid stand utilizing the same two latches with alignment notches
- Lid triples as a vertical patch cable organizer in stand orientation
- Lid quads as a pegboard style patch cable organizer when laying flat
- Powered and unpowered options available w/ 4ms power supply Row Power 30 & 40 + power brick
- 16 module bus board (x2 for 6U) option available
- Aluminum rails use M2.5 6/5mm screws with sliding nuts
- 100 x M2.5 6mm steel screws included
- Note: Maximum module depth is 2"
- Dims (excluding handle) for 3U/104hp case // 23.25" x 8" x 5.5"
- Dims (excluding handle) for 6U/208hp case // 23.25" x 14.5" x 5.5"
- 3U weight 8.5lbs
- 6U weight 14.75lbs
- Assembled and designed with help from Pate Woodwork
- 4 week build time